- You will be able to tighten and tone those trouble areas that you want to get rid of such as the inner thigh/outer thigh, lower ab area, and back of the arms.
- You will feel safer and more comfortable in a gym setting because you have someone there to support you and make sure you are doing everything right and with good form.
- You will have your workout plans structured for you so you are not in the gym guessing on what you should be doing based on your goals.
- You will get a nutrition plan so you know exactly what foods you should be eating and not eating and when.
- You will get a workout plan for your off days you are not with a personal trainer so you are ALWAYS on a structured and detailed program.
- You will get educated on what exercises you should be doing for the long term so one day you know exactly what to do and when to do it to achieve the long term results that you really want.
- You will have someone there to support you when you feel like quitting and give you the motivation you need to keep pushing because you are worth it.
- You will be able to be a better mom because you will have more energy to give back to your kids and your spouse.
- You will be able to fit better into those jeans and wardrobe that you have so you can feel more confident and less self conscious.
“My name is Tish Adamson. I am a group fitness instructor and personal trainer here at The Gym at Station Park. The road to this point in my life has not been an easy one. I started my fitness journey weighing just over 300 pounds. I was tired, miserable and depressed.
Everyone in my family had weight problems so I figured I was destined to be overweight my whole life. One day I put in an old exercise video and realized…this isn’t so bad! It didn’t take long for me to be hooked on exercise!
However, though I truly enjoyed the high I got from fitness, it was a long road to health with physical and mental challenges along the way. As I saw positive changes within myself, I realized I wanted to share my love of exercise with others in the hopes that I could enrich their lives as well. I lost a lot of weight…but the reward of helping others has been my greatest accomplishment.
I have now been teaching group fitness classes for 17 years. What a total blast it has been! I have seen countless lives change as people realize their own strength and become empowered to reach their goals. I’ve seen confidence and strength grow and doubts diminish. I feel so blessed to be a part of that change in people!
I want our members to know that times get tough. Life throws you curve balls. But you can never, ever give up. I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis almost seven years ago. There are days when I literally don’t know how I am going to get out of bed, much less exercise.
There are days when the pain is terrible or I am very, very sick. There are days when I have no strength and stumble when I walk. The medications I take for MS make me gain weight and I have to constantly remind myself that I am still fit and healthy on the inside, even if it doesn’t always show on the outside! It is challenging to be the instructor who has to modify things due to my illness and doesn’t always “look the part”.
But the reality is that exercise has saved me. My classes and clients are literally one of the main reasons I get up and keep fighting! Not everyone who comes to The Gym is in perfect shape, or has the perfect body. Not all of us are in perfect health. All of us have trials and hardships to overcome. All are welcome here! What a blessing it is to have a team of people here at The Gym that care about you and want you to succeed!
Remember, True champions are the ones who get back up…even when they can’t.”
I am looking to help clients who may have had the same struggles I have, so if you would like a FREE fitness assessment by me please email me ([email protected]) and I will get you scheduled. You do not have to be a member or already be in shape to take advantage of this. In the session I will educate you and make you feel comfortable with everything we will be doing. I look forward to helping change your life.
Normally people will tell you to fuel the body strictly with a protein or carb source. That’s not a bad idea, but at the end of the day, eating one food source over another isn’t going to increase or decrease your performance.
That being said, sticking to a more nutrient dense food is a smarter choice if you’re looking to take care of your health and improve your energy.
Rule #1 is to go with something that won’t upset your stomach. For me, bananas are a no go lol. For others that may be milk. Rule #2, make sure the food you choose is going to help you work towards YOUR specific goal.
Since you’re looking at increasing energy, berries (or any type of fruit) with a protein shake would be a great idea. The fruit is what is going to give you the initial burst of energy. The protein source is what is going to help you power through your workouts and keep you fuller longer. Rule #3, eat your pre workout food in the right PORTION size that is conducive to your specific goal. Serving size is everything.
Choosing the pre workout food is up to you, but here are some popular combos:
Peanut butter and banana, fruit alone or with string or cottage cheese, grits and tuna (my personal fave), eggs (or egg whites) and oatmeal, avocado and turkey slices, veggies and string or cottage cheese, greek yogurt. I suggest you eat the pre workout food 30-60 mins prior to your workout. You should feel energized and not weighed down by what you eat.
To get a FREE fitness guide and FREE day pass click here —>http://eepurl.com/bau3Aj
Leg Workout Tips
How to have the legs you have always wanted
You may be wondering how to get the legs that you want so you can be less self conscious about them in your shorts or pants. In this video we will show you the specific exercises you can do to tighten and tone up your legs.
The key with training your legs is to make sure you are flexing your leg muscles on every rep and making sure that you are choosing the heaviest weight that you can do with good form so you are shocking your body to change.
Don’t be afraid to bulk up when you are lifting heavy because unless you are eating more calories than you are burning the heavy weights will actually help you build lean and toned muscle tissue.
Push yourself on the exercises and if you need help… schedule your free fitness assessment by clicking the button below!